Center for Teaching & Learning
Lunch & Learn Series
Active, Efficient, & Effective Teaching
Welcome to the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) at Dixie State University (DSU). We are here to promote and support both excellence and innovation in teaching and learning. The goals of the CTL are to support the DSU community of teaching and learning with services that include course planning and assistance, workshops and conferences, educational technology training, classroom/department evaluation and consultation, and several other services that can help improve teaching and learning at DSU.
CTL NewsNew Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Jim Haendiges
- Read more about the active learning project in English 3180
- The Office of Faculty Affairs at Dixie State University, in collaboration with the Center for Teaching & Learning, organizes and hosts this workshop to support and assist faculty in preparing their RPT files. Watch the video here: Spring 2019
- Researchers find that teaching styles may be interfering with skill development. Read more here.
- Study finds that student resistance to curriculum innovation decreases over time as it becomes the institutional norm, and that students increasingly link active learning to their learning gains over time.
- Explanation of the role CTL's play in improving faculty development and why it works.
- This list is continually updated by CTL with the latest Teaching and Learning conferences in Utah and the surrounding area.