2019 Faculty Fellows Program
Call for Applications
The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) is delighted to announce a call for applications for two Faculty Fellows positions for the Spring 2019 semester. This exciting opportunity will recognize the teaching excellence of two faculty members who will share their passion and interest in teaching and learning with others at DSU. The purposes of this new program are to promote more faculty involvement with CTL, to promote more cross-disciplinary collaboration of faculty between colleges and departments, and to support the use of evidenced-based teaching strategies including active learning. Faculty Fellows will work with CTL staff to provide support to fellow faculty members in an effort to promote active, efficient, and effective learning at DSU.
Role of Faculty Fellows
- Collaboratively work with CTL 2-3 hours a week, on average. (Flexible, arranged with CTL Director on a monthly basis)
- Provide support, mentoring, coaching and training to faculty at DSU. These activities may take multiple forms, including but not limited to:
- Provide one-on-one mentoring
- Organize department-level and disciplinary-specific trainings
- Initiate cross-disciplinary collaborations and projects
- Facilitate new Faculty Learning Communities
- Participate in CTL planning activities, including but not limited to:
- Fall 2019 programming
- Development of resources
- Learning Innovation Retreat
- Annual Faculty Needs Assessment
- Adjunct Faculty Academy
Criteria for Applying for a Faculty Fellow Position
- Full-time faculty member
- Passionate about the field of teaching and learning, and committed to ongoing professional development in that field
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and student success
- Desire to implement innovative and effective evidence-based teaching practices
- Areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to: assessment, learning outcomes, student engagement and success, effective teaching practice, High Impact Practices, course evaluations and peer review of teaching, scholarship of teaching and learning
- Skills in collaboration, organization, effective presentation skills, and a commitment to teaching and learning
Please fill out this application form and upload the following documents no later than 5pm on November 12, 2018. You may have the Letters of Support and Recommendation sent to CTL separately, however you are responsible to ensure that they arrive by the deadline.
- Letter of intent
- Outline what you feel you have to offer the CTL
- Discuss areas of interest and/or expertise in teaching and learning
- Provide examples of your commitment to student learning and success, experiences with faculty-to-faculty mentoring or support, and evidence of your commitment to ongoing professional development in teaching and learning, etc.
- Curriculum Vita
- Letter of Support from your Department Chair for your participation as a Faculty Fellow
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague or student showing support for you as Faculty Fellow
Please Note: The Application form will require that you sign into a Google account to submit the application documents. Your name and the photo associated with the account will be collected. All faculty and staff members have a DSU Google account that can be used to upload your application documents or you can submit them using a personal account. For more information concerning how to use a DSU Google account, contact the DSU Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4357.
Each faculty member will a receive $1,200 stipend (plus retirement contribution) for their work as a Faculty Fellow during the Spring 2019 semester.