2016-2017 Lunch & Learn Series
Fall 2016 Lunch & Learn Schedule
Sept 9th – Online Professional Development Resources for DSU Faculty/Staff (Recording)
- This session will showcase some of the online resources for professional development available to all DSU faculty & staff: Magna Campus, Lynda.com, and Atomic Learning.
Sept 29th – Should I Encourage Experiential Learning During Class? How? (Recording)
- Lectures are not effective for all students. Help all your students make the most of their education by adding experiential learning to your instructional toolkit. Find out how you can bring this high-impact educational practice into your classroom and increase student engagement in learning.
Oct 7th – How Can I Promote Deep Learning through Critical Reflection? (Recording)
- Without deep learning, your students can come away from courses with misunderstandings and oversimplified views of complex issues. Learn how the process of critical reflection is a reliable way to deepen the learning experience.
Oct 27th – How Do I Create and Implement Microlectures? (Recording)
- Gain a clear picture of how microlectures can help you deliver a meaningful learning experience, foster a personal connection with students, and promote their full engagement in your courses.
Nov 10th – Teaching Critical Thinking (Recording)
- What do we mean when we speak of teaching “critical thinking?” Defining and understanding the concept of “critical thinking” at DSU will help us avoid some of the challenges that other universities have experienced with teaching critical thinking skills. Dr. Maria Ortiz reviewed some of the research on defining the concept of critical thinking by the Critical Thinking Foundation.
Spring 2017 Schedule
Teaching in an Active Learning Classroom